With the latest World of Warcraft 3.1 Content Patch, the Noble Garden was revamped. It’s not part of the World Events Meta-Achievement and new events/things to do where introduced for this reason.
During the event, magical eggs appear around the starter towns, like Stormwind, Ironforge, Silvermoon etc. There will be a Quest – Spring Gatherers/The Great Egg Hunt - where you will get a basket for 10 chocolates and another NPC who offers a quest to collect 20 egg shells.
How it works
Brightly Colored Eggs will spawn all over the starter zones and capital cities. Most of them will be well hidden (i.e. underneath carts, next to buildings or inside some bushes [no, not the “Double U” :P). Simply right click/use them and you can loot the Brightly Colored Eggs. Open it to obtain the “Loot”, some chocolates and one egg shell.
From PTR testing the chances seems to be roughly 2-3% for Spring Robes and Spring Flower. Also you have a chance to randomly get polymorphed into an rabbit! It can easily be removed by right clicking on the buff. It’s important to mention this, as you can’t cast, use mounts or taxi while polymorphed.
After completing the first Quest, you will get your own Noble Garden Egg Basket. It has an on use ability which will increase your walking speed by 60% for 10 seconds and an 10 second cooldown (Yes you read right: 10 seconds).
You can only find eggs inside towns and the starter zones (the ones with green zone name and disabled PvP). It should also be noted that the Noble Garden Egg Basket (the buyable version: Egg Basket) only works inside that zones.
Update: Found a very nice area in Azure Watch - Draenei Beginner Town (click to resize)
Update 2: There is also a Horde location with good spawn points. It’s located at Falconwing Square in the Ruins of Silvermoon. At (35.5, 74.0) you can find a cart there (see picture below)
Beside the Meta-Achievement and the Title, there are some other nice rewards you can get from this event. While Elegant Dress and the Tuxedo as well as Spring Flowers and Spring Robes can be looted from eggs, some of it can’t. Most noticeable being Spring Rabbit’s Foot. If you haven’t done the Lil’ Game Hunter yet, this is a good way to get one more Vanity Pet.
Update: Confirmed that you can get all the rewards from the Vendor randomly from eggs too. It's best to keep the eggs until you have almost everything and buy the missing things from it (however, you have to find the 2 Tuxedo Parts and the Dress out of the Eggs to get the Achievement. It won't be counted if you buy it . So wait with buying until you have ~200 Eggs/chocolate + 2 Tuxedo Parts and Dress before start buying)
Additionally, if you're a Mage, you can buy an Tome of Polymorph: Rabbit book for 100 chocolate. Worthy and cool gimick for every mage!
Required for Meta-Achievement Noble Gardener (Horde)
- I Found One!: Simple one. Just find and loot one of the Brightly Colored Eggs.
- Desert Rose: First get an Spring Robes for 50 chocolates (or be lucky to find one inside eggs). This will allow you to plant a flower in the deserts of The Badlands, Silithus, Thousand Needles, Desolace and Tanaris. With a 1 min cooldown, it’s pretty much doable without much waiting time and just a little bit traveling.
- Hard Boiled: There are two ways to do this. Either loot eggs until you’re polymorphed into an rabbit and walk to Un’goro and wait at the Golakka Hotsprings (in the middle of Un’goro) until you lay an egg. This is good for people soloing or who don’t have any friends.
The second way is to get a friend who bought Blossoming Branch for 10 chocolates and can cast it on you. Notice: This only works with Party Members, you and the others have to be in the same party!
- Noble Garden (Horde): Buy an Brightly Colored Eggs for 5 chocolates and hide it somewhere in Stormwind/Silvermoon City.
- Chocoholic: Eat 100 chocolates. Easy enough too.
- Blushing Bride: For this you need an event Tuxedo Set (White Tuxedo Shirt and Black Tuxedo Pants, the tailored ones don’t work!) and /kiss someone wearing an Elegant Elegant Dress.
- Spring Fling (Horde): First buy the Rabbit Vanity Pet (Spring Rabbit’s Foot) for 100 chocolates and then go to the 4 towns requested in the Achievement and find another person with a rabbit too in this towns.
- Shake Your Bunny-Maker: Use the Spring Flower to place bunny ears on all females (race doesn’t matter, works on any). Only requirement is that the female is above level 18 (which is the where a person gets mature in most of the countries *wave at the reference to the playboy*)
- Dressed for the Occasion: Find an Elegant Dress by opening an Brightly Colored Eggs during the Event. Warning: Buying the dress from the Vendor doesn’t count!!
- Sunday's Finest: Find White Tuxedo Shirt and Black Tuxedo Pants by opening Brightly Colored Eggs during the event. Warning: Buying the shirt and pants from the Vendor doesn’t count!!
Have fun hunting the magical eggs!