This gives them some special abilities, which regular mounts doesn’t have.
- Don’t get dismounted when you enter a no-ride zone
- Hunter’s Aspect of the Pack/Cheetah stacks with the mount (this means you get 130% mount speed instead of 100%)
- No fall damage. Yes you read correctly! With this mounts you don’t need to use “no fall-damage” hacks and tools! Do it completely legally
- This special vehicular mounts are also immune to some CC effects (i.e. immune to the nets of the Goblin Town Guards (Booty Bay, Gadgetzan, Everlook, Ratchet)
This can give some great advantages in PvP. Some examples:
- Arathi: Quickly get the tap the flags at beginning of the BG (Aspect of the Pack/Cheetah = faster than any other mount increasing aspect)
- Arathi: Jump down from Lumber mill without fall damage or slow fall
- Alterac Valley: Aspect of the Pack/Cheetah + Vehicular mount and you’re the first one to cap Snowfall graveyard! (Necessary for the Achievement)
- The Eye of Storms: Jump down from the starting position. By not having to jump on the small stone to prevent to get 60% of your HP as fall-damage, you can ride straight forward and head directly to Blood Elf Tower. Saves a few seconds which can be important for a 0/2000 win
- Warsong Gulch: Get faster to the flag (with Aspect of the Pack/Cheetah and riding in the no-ride zone inside the Bases)
If you know more applications where you can exploit this, post it in the comments and share it with everyone!