The Iron Council were the 5th boss encounter of the newest World of Warcraft raid instance Ulduar. They are similar to the outer “Councils” (Kael’Thas in The Eye, The Council in the Black Temple). However, their Health Points are not shared! This means, you have to beat any single one of them.
Every member of The Iron Council has 10.000.000 Health Points for a total of 30.000.000 Health Points. Update: For normal Mode each Boss has 3.000.000 Health Points for a total of 9.000.000 Health Points.
- High Voltage: Inflicts 3000 Nature damage every 3 sec. Instant
- Fusion Punch: An attack infused with energy that inflicts 18850 to 21150 Nature damage and an additional 15000 Nature damage per second. 3 sec cast
- Static Disruption*: Deals 7000 Nature damage to enemies in an area and increases Nature damage taken by 75% for 20 sec. 50000 yd range, Instant
- Overwhelming Power: The target becomes overwhelmed with power increasing damage done by 200% and causes a Meltdown after 25 sec. 60 yd range
- Meltdown: The target melts down killing themselves and dealing 29250 to 30750 Nature damage to friendly units within 15 yards.
- Chain Lightning: Strikes an enemy with a blast of lightning that inflicts 7400 to 8600 Nature damage. The bolt will arc to additional nearby enemies, inflicting 20% more Nature damage to each successive target. 1 sec cast
- Overload: Focuses all the caster's energy into a single ball of lightning. This ball grows for 6 sec until it finally explodes, dealing 25000 Nature damage to all enemies within 30 yards and knocking them down.
- Lightning Whirl*: Spins around throwing off bolts of lightning at random enemy targets. Each bolt deals 7069 to 7931 Nature damage. Lasts 5 sec. Channeled
- Lightning Tendrils**: Tendrils of lightning shoot out of the caster's chest, lifting them into the air. These lightning tendrils deal 5000 Nature damage to all enemies around the caster every second. (He will follow a player as he flies over the raid)
- Lightning Blast: Unleashes a large blast of lightning, dealing 14138 to 15862 Nature damage to all enemies within 30 yards of the caster but killing the caster in the process. Instant
- Runic Barrier: A shield of runic power surrounds the caster, reducing all damage taken by 50% and inflicting 2000 Arcane damage to attackers. Instant
- Rune of Power: Summons a Rune of Power under a random friendly target. This rune increases damage by 50% of all friendly and enemy targets within 5 yards. Lasts 1 min.
- Rune of Death*: Summons a Rune of Death at a random enemy target's location. This rune deals 5000 Shadow damage every half-second to anyone within 13 yards of that location. 50000 yd range, Instant
- Rune of Summoning**: Creates a Rune of Summoning near a random enemy. This rune will periodically summon Lightning Elementals, which will rush towards random enemies and explode.
- Lightning Blast: Unleashes a large blast of lightning, dealing 14138 to 15862 Nature damage to all enemies within 30 yards of the caster but killing the caster in the process.
* Ability will be unlocked when 1 boss is killed
** Ability will be unlocked when 2 bosses were killed
As Ignis the Furnace Master, the Razorscale encounter is also tied to some Achievements.
- Heroic: I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim -
Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Runemaster Molgeim as the last member alive on Heroic Difficulty.
- Heroic: I Choose You, Stormcaller Brundir - Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Stormcaller Brundir as the last member alive on Heroic Difficulty.
- Heroic: I Choose You, Steelbreaker - Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Steelbreaker as the last member alive on Heroic Difficulty.
- Heroic: But I'm on Your Side - Defeat the Assembly of Iron while under the effect of an Iron Boot Flask on Heroic Difficulty.
- Heroic: Can't Do That While Stunned - Defeat the Assembly of Iron without allowing Stormcaller Brundir to damage anyone with Chain Lightning or Lightning Whirl on Heroic Difficulty.
- I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim - Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Runemaster Molgeim as the last member alive on Normal Difficulty.
- I Choose You, Stormcaller Brundir - Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Stormcaller Brundir as the last member alive on Normal Difficulty.
- I Choose You, Steelbreaker - Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Steelbreaker as the last member alive on Normal Difficulty.
- But I'm on Your Side - Defeat the Assembly of Iron while under the effect of an Iron Boot Flask on Normal Difficulty.
- Can't Do That While Stunned - Defeat the Assembly of Iron without allowing Stormcaller Brundir to damage anyone with Chain Lightning or Lightning Whirl on Normal Difficulty.
As mentioned under the general information, the three members aren’t linked together and are more similar to the trash mobs in Temple of Ahn’Qiraj Classic World of Warcraft raid instance.
However, there is a little difference: When one of the boss dies, all the other get full HP. So there is no point in focusing on all three and killing them almost immediately to avoid them getting the additional skills unlocked.
Every time a boss dies, the other bosses will get one or two new abilities, making them harder.
Stormcaller Brundir is special, in the way that he can be stunned and taunted. However, he becomes immune to taunt and stuns when he's the last survivor of The Iron Council.
More coming soon…
Tactic and Setup
If you’re going for easy mode, I’d suggest killing Steelbreaker first, then the Runemaster Molgeim and do Stormcaller Brundir as last Boss.
Phase 1 (all Bosses alive)
You should choose your tanking positions wisely. Tank Steelbreaker and Molgeim in the front corners of the room and tank Brundir far away from the raid, to prevent AoE damage.
- When Brundir casts Overcharge, the tank should move away, to prevent taking to much damage and make the live easier for the healers
- All classes with interrupt should try to interrupt Brundir's chain lightning casts
- From time to time, Molgeim will drop a rune of power under Brundir and Steelbreaker. This will buff the boss and increase it's damage. The tanks should reposition the bosses when this happens, so that they are not in the buffing area of effect anymore, but your raids damage dealers are in this buff area to benefit from increase damage
- Steelbreaker uses fusion tank sometimes. When this happens, the tank will need additional heal and dispel, so be careful here!
Phase 2 (1 Boss down)
After killing the first boss, the encounter will go in phase 2 and the remaining bosses will get additional Abilities (see Abilities listing above).
Phase 3 (2 Bosses down)
After killing the second boss (Molegeim), Brundir is the only one left. He gains another ability (see above). When he use his new ability, he will lift up and do massive damage to everyone around him. When he does this, run away (unless you're the tank). Sometimes he will get back to the ground, where your melee damage dealers can do some damage. However, for this tactic a raid composing of many ranged damage dealers (Huntes, Mages, Warlocks) would be the best solution for getting the first kill.
Just continue until he's dead.
Kill Steelbreaker as last of the tree Iron Council Members.
Hard Mode guide will be added when it's available